Monday, September 6, 2010

Mods- a good thing or a bad thing?

Hey guys,Josh here. I have something different to talk about. Do you think having moderators brings a better effect to the community than the negative effects? I can't really decide, I'm usually in the middle of things. I don't like ranting (excuse the eye update post. >.>) not do I like "sucking up". I usually do make constructive criticism. Back to the point here, the positive effect is the automatic mute,helping some cases. Another positive effect is that they are immediately reviewed by a Jagex mod. This will help a lot, definitely in bug abuse cases.

Let's focus on the negative effects now. A small thing that happens is power abuse. It almost never happens, but it does. Another negative effect is the feeling they are hiding stuff from us; scratch that. More like a good chance they are hiding stuff from us. Even though it could be that it's just for helping newbie moderators and stuff like that..well..you know what? Don't ruin my fun. D: I like to pretend that moderators are secret agents on missions and spying on evil robots. >:] Well..it's kind of like that. In a way less epic way,of  course.

Now I wanna really blog about something..the BIG negative effect. Yep, you guessed it. Wannabe mods.

Wannabe mods are one of the biggest effects upon the moderator entrance. They have been growing too. Usually residing in world 1 reporting newbies asking for girlfriends or swarming over moderators asking questions, these pests are annoying to the other 99% of the RuneScape community. They're actually too busy reporting newbs that they're missing a bigger problem: bots.

I would love to blog about this more, but I'm too tired to blog more tonight. This just popped into my head so I still get to blog to you guys. I hate having to post late night blogs, so bare with me if this didn't suit you. Also, no offence to any mods out there. I'm just pointing about the good and bad effects. Sorry if I offended you, or any of the "wannabe mods".

No comments:

Post a Comment